Friday, September 26, 2014

Bill Gross Leaves PIMCO, Starts At Janus Capital Group on 9/29/14



Bill Gross, the founder and co-head of PIMCO (perhaps the world's largest manager of bond mutual funds) has left the firm and joined Janus Capital Group.  He starts next week.

My job here is to figure out if we should continue using our PIMCO mutual funds.  I think the answer is going to be Yes, but I'm working to make sure I am still comfortable with each fund we are using.

I won't offer too much speculation here, but what I do know is that Gross founded PIMCO and built it into a huge, and hugely successful and greatly respected firm, that PIMCO is owned by Allianz (a German insurance/financial giant), and that Gross' former co-leader at PIMCO left PIMCO last year but retained a high-level position at Allianz.  Gross maybe had to jump ship from his own company, or maybe he got pushed out.  The man is a true billionnaire and so this probably is not about his compensation.  Anyway, that's where I start to get into spectulation…

PIMCO has a lot of great talent, several of the PIMCO mutual funds I use for my clients were not actually managed by Bill Gross, and we can get out of any PIMCO product we want at any time.

So, please contact me with questions, and I'll be back in touch about whether I want us to stick with our PIMCO funds.

Thank you, and happy Friday!

--Gary



Gary Partoyan
Potomac Wealth Strategies, LLC
(703) 746-8195 direct

No comments:

Post a Comment