Friday, August 21, 2015

Market Decline Perspective From Gary P and Bill O'Grady



Good morning.  The U.S. stock market has declined significantly this week, reacting to several factors.  I believe the markets must "correct" occasionally (dropping 10% or so from recent highs), and it's been a long time since that has happened (~mid-2011).  This may be the time for it, and we could be a good deal of the way through it already.

Still, I recommend long-term investors remain invested and diversified.

Trying to time the market is risky and the results are usually not successful.  There is Nobel Prize-winning research supporting the "asset allocation" methodology I employ for most of my clients' long-term money (retirement, college savings).

As is often the case, Bill O'Grady of Confluence Investment Management offers a brief and helpful view of current conditions:  http://confluenceinvestment.com/assets/docs/2015/daily_Aug_21_2015.pdf

If you have any questions, please contact me.  Thank you, and happy Friday!

--Gary

P.S.--Are you prepared for financial emergencies?  Let's make sure we're evaluating your cash reserves, your Disability Insurance, your Life Insurance, and your estate plan.  I don't sell insurance and I don't draft legal documents, but I will coach you on how to make sure you buy the right product and have the right documents in place.  No charge--it's part of the value I want to add to the investment advice already being provided.

Potomac Wealth Strategies, LLC
(703) 746-8195 direct

No comments:

Post a Comment